The Epic Wave Deflector is a piece of equipment that no serious downwind paddler should be without. This simple but very effective tool keeps excess water out of your cockpit by deflecting the flow as it pours over your surfski’s nose and front deck. This is of course an obvious benefit! Assists in keeping excess water out of your cockpit especially paddling upwind and when dropping into big runs.
The deflector is generically sized to fit most surf ski’s, including single and double surfskis.
- Try multiple distances in front of the cockpit to find the most effective spot
- Wear a peak cap as the spray sometimes deflects towards your face
- Mount with duct tape or velcro
- Permanently mount with epoxy
- Stick leading edge down on the deck