We are very pleased to offer this course with one of Tasmania's most accomplished paddlers - Sam Norton.
Sam really needs no introduction, having competed at National and International level in the disciplines of flatwater sprint, surf lifesaving & ocean racing from an early age.
Perhaps the best example of his talent & versatility comes from 2013, where over the space of 4 months Sam finished top 8 in the Australian K1 selection trials, recorded a 4th place at Molokai, and was 6th at the ICF Ocean Racing World Championships. This also shows how he translates speed & technical efficiency to longer distances.
He's since finished 11th at the 2015 ICF Ocean Racing World Championships, made multiple ski finals at the Aussie Surf Lifesaving titles and the Ocean6 Series, and has regularly finished top 5 and top 10 in World Surfski Series events in Australia & overseas.
Sam has achieved success in paddling alongside full-time study and work as a teacher, and has combined both qualifications to put together this course for motivated paddlers wanting to take the next step. Speed Fundamentals ACCELERATED is a streamlined version of our popular 2017 course. The material for this course is at the cutting edge of paddlesport coaching, and we have carefully selected methods & concepts that have not been introduced to Tasmanian paddlers before.
We recommend this course for:
- Developing, intermediate & advanced paddlers of any age
- Flatwater, surf, ocean & wildwater paddlers
- Paddlers motivated to increase their speed & technical efficiency
- Paddlers wanting to learn new concepts and avoid plateaus
- Paddlers preparing for important events during Summer 2018
Course details - Speed Fundamentals ACCELERATED
When: 2.00 to 4.00pm on Saturday Feb 10th & 17th
Where: New Town Bay Rowing Centre (map attached)
- Course focusing on speed & technical efficiency
- Material at the cutting edge of paddlesport coaching
- Most suitable for developing, intermediate & advanced paddlers
- 2 sessions
- Limit of 12 participants per course
- Bookings essential