This is the page to use when entering Vaikobi Triple 4 Series "River" and "Bay" races for 2023/24
The Vaikobi Triple 4 Series is both a merger and an upgrade of our previous Winter and Summer series to create a 16 race / 11 month calendar of events in south eastern Tasmania. The new series involves 2 river races, 10 bay/harbour style races and 4 ocean races.
The series brings together a larger number of sponsors and partners, with supporting sponsors Epic Kayaks, Sea To Summit, Nordic Kayaks and Carbonology Sport joining headline sponsor Vaikobi and event partners Derwent Canoe Club, Next Level Kayaking, Paddle Tasmania, the Freycinet Challenge, the Sandy Bay Regatta Association and Storm Bay Stand Up Paddle. Having these 11 organisations under the one umbrella gives our capacity to improve and expand these events a real boost.
Vaikobi Triple 4 Series highlights:
- The series kicks off with a bay race at Kingston Beach on May 27th 2023 and builds up to the 12th edition of the Tasmanian Ocean Racing Championships and the Series Finale during March 2024.
- The first ocean race of the series will be a new event on our calendar and will take place at Coles Bay on the eve of the 2023 Freycinet Challenge, offering paddlers a unique opportunity to complete 3 open water races across Fri 6th, Sat 7th and Sun 8th of October.
- Our New Norfolk river race in June and our Franklin river race in August will be open to Storm Bay Stand Up Paddle members for 2023, giving these events even more diversity alongside the mix of skis and kayaks these courses traditionally attract.
- We have now aligned series age categories with ICF conventions, when entering online please select a category matching your age as of 31/12/2023.
- From July 1st 2023 we will be transitioning the entire series to the Paddle Australia membership system. As per the 2023 ICF World Ocean Racing Championships and the 2023/24 Australian Ocean Racing Series, participants must become financial members of a Paddle Australia-affiliated body to compete in the Vaikobi Triple 4 Series. We will move to this arrangement between race 2 and race 3 of the series, giving everyone time to join their local club. We thoroughly recommend joining the Derwent Canoe Club, and will be able to provide more detail around this as the series kicks off. Being part of the Derwent Canoe Club means members contribute and gain access to facilities and equipment necessary to hold events which we all enjoy, for example the rescue boat, timing equipment and a significant portion of the volunteer workforce used throughout the new series. Additional membership benefits include 24/7 worldwide personal accident and public liability insurances, plus the option to insure personal paddle craft.
The Vaikobi Triple 4 Series "River" and "Bay" races give you an opportunity to keep fit, challenge yourselves, stay motivated...and have fun! Three distances will normally be available at each event (approx 10-12km for Div 1, 8-9km for Div 2, and 4-6km for Div 3), with first time participation encouraged and gear hire available if you don't have your own.
SITE MAPS FOR ALL VENUES ARE BELOW
Vaikobi Triple 4 Series - "River" and "Bay" race schedule 2023/24
27 May 2023 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (10.30am southern end Kingston Beach)
24 Jun 2023 - NEW NORFOLK - River - single series points (10.30am Millbrook Rise boat ramp, approx 4km downstream of New Norfolk on the Lyell Highway side)
29 Jul 2023 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (10.30am southern end Kingston Beach)
26 Aug 2023 – FRANKLIN - River - single series points (10.30am north of camping ground and south of the football oval on the Franklin foreshore)
23 Sep 2023 – KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (10.30am southern end Kingston Beach)
19 Oct 2023 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (6.30pm southern end Kingston Beach)
23 Nov 2023 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (6.30pm southern end Kingston Beach)
14 Dec 2023 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (6.30pm southern end Kingston Beach)
26 Jan 2024 - LONG BEACH - Bay - single series points (12.30pm southern end Long Beach)
08 Feb 2024 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (6.30pm southern end Kingston Beach)
07 Mar 2024 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points (6.30pm southern end Kingston Beach)
28 Mar 2024 - KINGSTON - Bay - single series points - Series Finale (6.30pm southern end Kingston Beach)
(please note there will be a separate entry page for Triple 4 "Ocean" races available later in the series)
Please contact us or check out our Facebook page for more information.
We would like to sincerely thank everyone involved with the Vaikobi Triple 4 Series concept so far, and warmly welcome all participants. We look forward to seeing you on the water soon!